- Admit that you have a problem with forwarding junk emails to family, friends and colleagues
- Admit that framming is not a healthy hobby
- Admit to the world and yourself the full extent of your problem with your urge to create and forward spam
- Make a decision to stop sending and/or forwarding spam to family, friends and colleagues
- Make a detailed inventory of all the dumb emails you have forward in the past
(Note: the time you spend doing this will not nearly approximate the time you have caused others to waste in viewing your fram!)
- Make an inventory of the all people in your email address book and put them all into a folder titled "I Will Not Fram these People"
- Make a promise to delete ALL the spam that you receive
- Make a promise to delete ALL the fram that you receive from another frammer
- Make an honest attempt to make amends to the people you have frammed by sending them flowers or candy (real ones not any cheap, virtual stuff!)
- Through prayer and meditation try to understand that your sense of humor and ideas of what is “awesome” may differ from the rest of the adult world
- Make a serious attempt to stop believing everything you read online to be absolute truth
(Note: The great, grand children of Walt Disney are not really giving away his fortune. Honest.)
- Having had an awakening as the result of these steps, please do not, we repeat, DO NOT email this 12-Step program to other frammers…on second thought, why not fight fire with fire?!
* = Frammers are people who forward to family, friends and colleagues spam that is often cutesy, dopey, sappy, and rarely really funny, inspiring or “awesome.”