Everyone agrees that spam is the pain that came with the Internet revolution and email communications. What is ironic is that a large number of us are making the problem worse by forwarding spam to loved ones. This kind of spam is what we at McAfee are affectionately calling “fram.”
The type of spam forwarded is most often dopey, cutesy, sappy, and rarely really funny, inspiring or interesting. In short, fram is a waste of time that’s cluttering up our email inboxes. We are calling anyone who forwards spam to friends or family members is a “frammer.”
Most of us are frammers on occasion, during weak moments, when we really want to share something with everyone. So how do you know if you’ve crossed over to the dark side? Look in the mirror and ask yourself the hard question: Am I a frammer?
Don’t know for sure? McAfee has put together a short quiz to assist you in this journey towards self-improvement. If you agree with the following statements, you are probably a frammer and should consider McAfee’s 12-Step Frammers Recovery Program.
- If you think a mouse riding on a cat riding on a dog is funny and cute and want to share the video with every living soul on the planet...You may be a frammer.
- If you feel compelled to forward “Money Angel” to all your friends and believe that if they just keep forwarding, soon you be rich...You may be a frammer.
- If you want everyone to know that you support the troops by blasting them with jingoistic emails with images of your country’s flag and doggerel about freedom...You may be a frammer.
- If you think you can get a heart attack by drinking a lot of cold water after a meal and want all your loved ones to avoid this “bad habit”…You may be a frammer.
- If you think by circulating the “Cancer Candle” - an animated image of a candle burning - is a good way of honoring a victim of this awful disease…You may be a frammer.