What is McAfee Virus Protection Pledge?
From the moment you subscribe, we’re here to help keep your devices virus-free with our multi-layered protection. We want you to know that you can browse, bank and shop online safely with the knowledge that you have one of the best security services in the world protecting your digital life.
To qualify for VPP and its virus removal and refund features, you must be enrolled in our auto-renewal service and meet the requirements set forth in the Full Terms. Below is a summary of the key terms:
- VPP is only valid for qualifying products, supported devices and specified languages and countries, as set out in our System Requirements.
- Your subscription must be actively enrolled in automatic renewal (turned on) and your account must have a valid credit card, debit card, or other payment mechanism on file. If you opt out of auto-renewal, you will not be entitled to VPP and its free virus removal service and refund features.
- To be eligible for the VPP virus removal service and qualify for a refund in the event we cannot remove a virus, you must have a McAfee anti-virus product installed and active on the qualifying device prior to the infection of the virus.
- Standalone services and products which do not include AV Protection, such as McAfee WebAdvisor or True Key by Intel Security, are not covered. Additionally, this Pledge does not apply to small business or enterprise products and services.
- A high speed internet connection is required to perform the virus removal service.
- Eligibility ends when your paid subscription ends.
- You must purchase, renew, or upgrade your subscription directly from McAfee.com; or if you have purchased the subscription from a retailer, valid, current proof of purchase is required. Our refund will be a full refund of the actual price paid for the current subscription term.
- Applicable law or regulation(s) of the country in which you reside may limit or alter the availability or scope of the Pledge.
THIS REFUND DOES NOT APPLY TO, AND WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR, ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES CAUSED BY A VIRUS OR OTHER MALWARE.
Virus Protection Pledge – Terms & Conditions
Date Last Updated: Aug 02, 2016