Why Mac security?Features and BenefitsSystem Requirements
Why Mac users need protection.
Mac users are not vulnerable to the same viruses and threats that have traditionally plagued PCs but the Internet has leveled the playing field. Mac users are now just as susceptible to online risks as PC users. With the rise in adoption of the Mac OS, hackers and thieves are increasingly focusing their efforts to develop attacks that will work on Macs.
What Mac users are up against on the Internet
*2009 IC3 Annual Report, Internet Crime Complaint Center
**"2010 Identity Fraud Survey Report: Identity Fraud Continues to Rise – New Accounts Fraud Drives Increase; Consumer Costs at an All-Time Low." Javelin Strategy and Research, Feb 2010
***"The Ghost In The Browser Analysis of Web-based Malware." Google, Inc. May 2007
- Online phishing scams along with the prevalence of other malicious programs have increased by 50%* in the past few years
- 11 million people were victims of online identity theft last year**
- 5% of all web sites are malicious, putting you at risk for fraud, identity theft, and dangerous downloads that you might unknowingly pass along to others***
What Mac users are risking by being unprotected
- Phishing scams and social networking website attacks are on the rise and can result in identity theft
- Malware not only harms your Mac but it can steal your personal information
- Malicious software also puts friends and family at risk if you send them potentially damaging email or files
The McAfee solution
McAfee® Internet Security for Mac is comprehensive protection against hackers, identity theft, phishing scams, malware, viruses and more. It protects you from dangerous websites, letting you explore the web without worry.